Gouda Turkey Club Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 pound shaved deli hickory smoked turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 romaine leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Spread two slices of toast with butter; layer with cheese mixture, turkey, tomato, avocado and romaine. Top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 445 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Gouda Turkey Club
"OMG! Soooo Yummy! My husband practically inhaled it! Going to keep this sandwich close by. :)"
"This recipe is simple and easy to make, and my family loves it. It is fun to eat as well, as it is small and easy on a plate."