Gouda Turkey Club
“With this recipe, two can enjoy the taste of something new and elegant in minutes,” says Karen Harris of Castle Rock, Colorado. “All you need to add is the ambiance for a bistro meal at home.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 pound shaved deli hickory smoked turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic powder
- and pepper. Spread two slices of toast with butter; layer with
- cheese mixture, turkey, tomato, avocado and romaine. Top with
- remaining toast. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 445 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.