“With this recipe, two can enjoy the taste of something new and elegant in minutes,” says Karen Harris of Castle Rock, Colorado. “All you need to add is the ambiance for a bistro meal at home.”
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Romaine leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado
- Mix first five ingredients. Spread two slices of toast with butter, then with cheese mixture. Layer with lettuce, tomato and turkey.
- Peel and mash avocado. Spread over remaining slices of toast and place over turkey. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gouda Turkey Club in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p8
Reviews for Gouda Turkey Club
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2014
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2010
"OMG! Soooo Yummy! My husband practically inhaled it! Going to keep this sandwich close by. :)"