- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 pound shaved deli hickory smoked turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Spread two slices of toast with butter; layer with cheese mixture, turkey, tomato, avocado and romaine. Top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gouda Turkey Club in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p8
Reviews for Gouda Turkey Club
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2014
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2010
"OMG! Soooo Yummy! My husband practically inhaled it! Going to keep this sandwich close by. :)"
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"This recipe is simple and easy to make, and my family loves it. It is fun to eat as well, as it is small and easy on a plate."