Gouda Spinach Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim and flute edge. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Place on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in spinach. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle cheese and bacon into crust; top with spinach mixture. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the cream, salt and pepper; mix well. Carefully pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Gouda Spinach Quiche(1)
Sort By :
This may be my all-time favorite quiche. We did eliminate the bacon, add 1/2 cup mozarella cheese and 3/4 cup chopped baby portabellas. Cooking time was closer to an hour. My noncommental husband said, "This is delicious!"