Gouda Mixed Potato Mash
Everything's better with cheese, right? This cheesy two-potato mash is no exception. If you cube the cheese, you’ll discover delicious pockets of melted cheese throughout the dish. —Shelby Goddard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to
- cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes
- or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk. Stir in cheese, paprika, salt
- and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.