Everything's better with cheese, right? This cheesy two-potato mash is no exception. If you cube the cheese, you’ll discover delicious pockets of melted cheese throughout the dish. —Shelby Goddard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to pan.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk. Stir in cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Gouda Mixed Potato Mash in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p44
Reviews for Gouda Mixed Potato Mash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013
"These were pretty bland and a little dry. Probably wouldn't make again."