Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices Recipe
This fun appetizer is guaranteed to wow guests! It takes just moments to whip up this melty delight. —Susan Lewis, Reading, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 French bread baguette (4 ounces), sliced
- 1 round (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, carefully remove waxed coating from cheese round. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter, press into the center of cheese, but not all the way through. Scoop out center, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shell aside.
- 3. Place the tomato, basil and removed cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Stir until combined; pour into shell. Serve with baguette toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 303 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC