Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices
This fun appetizer is guaranteed to wow guests! It takes just moments to whip up this melty delight. —Susan Lewis, Reading, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (4 ounces), sliced
- 1 round (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, carefully remove waxed coating from cheese round. Using a
- 3-in. biscuit cutter, press into the center of cheese, but not all
- the way through. Scoop out center, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set
- shell aside.
- Place the tomato, basil and removed cheese in a small microwave-safe
- bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is
- melted. Stir until combined; pour into shell. Serve with baguette
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 303 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.