- 1 French bread baguette (4 ounces), sliced
- 1 round (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, carefully remove waxed coating from cheese round. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter, press into the center of cheese, but not all the way through. Scoop out center, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shell aside.
- Place the tomato, basil and removed cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Stir until combined; pour into shell. Serve with baguette toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices
Sort By :
so yummilicious! my kids can"t wait to taste it..
I made two of these (one smoked, one plain) for my 5 person Thanksgiving. It is an incredibly easy recipe and it's quite tasty.
I had cored the Gouda, chopped the basil and readied the tomatoes before people came over. When my first guest arrived, I popped the filling in the microwave and it was ready to go in minutes.
I'm all about working smarter, not harder, and this recipe fits the bill! Thank you.