- 1 French bread baguette (4 ounces), sliced
- 1 round (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, carefully remove waxed coating from cheese round. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter, press into the center of cheese, but not all the way through. Scoop out center, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shell aside.
- Place the tomato, basil and removed cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Stir until combined; pour into shell. Serve with baguette toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices
Sort By :
"so yummilicious! my kids can"t wait to taste it.."
"I made two of these (one smoked, one plain) for my 5 person Thanksgiving. It is an incredibly easy recipe and it's quite tasty.I had cored the Gouda, chopped the basil and readied the tomatoes before people came over. When my first guest arrived, I popped the filling in the microwave and it was ready to go in minutes.I'm all about working smarter, not harder, and this recipe fits the bill! Thank you."