- 1 French bread baguette (4 ounces), sliced
- 1 round (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, carefully remove waxed coating from cheese round. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter, press into the center of cheese, but not all the way through. Scoop out center, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shell aside.
- Place the tomato, basil and removed cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Stir until combined; pour into shell. Serve with baguette toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p15
Reviews for Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2014
"Substituted tomato-basil cracker for the the sliced baguette. Enjoyed by all. Super easy and quite tasty."
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2013
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2012
"so yummilicious! my kids can"t wait to taste it.."
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2011