Gouda Bites Recipe
In Defiance, Ohio, Phylis Behringer seasons refrigerated dough with garlic powder before baking them into golden Gouda-filled cups. It's hard to believe the delectable little appetizers come from just three ingredients.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cut into 24 pieces; lightly press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 3 minutes. Place a piece of cheese in each cup. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 bites equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC