In Defiance, Ohio, Phylis Behringer seasons refrigerated dough with garlic powder before baking them into golden Gouda-filled cups. It's hard to believe the delectable little appetizers come from just three ingredients.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cut into 24 pieces; lightly press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 3 minutes. Place a piece of cheese in each cup. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Gouda Bites in Light & Tasty October 2005, p29
Reviews for Gouda Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review