Here’s a reader recipe so fast and fun the kids can help you put it together! It makes a great little present for their teachers, coaches or scout leaders—or to wrap up and keep on hand for unexpected guests, neighbors and drop-in guests. Michael Vyskocil - Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried apple slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
1/3 cup equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC