Gorgonzola Tomatoes on Endive
This simple yet elegant appetizer takes advantage of a timesaving ingredient bottled salad dressing. You’d never guess!
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 20 leaves Belgian endive (about 2 heads)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Arrange endive on a serving platter. In each leaf, layer the
- tomatoes, green onions, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with
- vinaigrette. Chill until serving. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 49 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.