Gorgonzola Tomatoes on Endive Recipe
This simple yet elegant appetizer takes advantage of a timesaving ingredient — bottled salad dressing. You’d never guess!
- 20 leaves Belgian endive (about 2 heads)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Arrange endive on a serving platter. In each leaf, layer the tomatoes, green onions, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Chill until serving. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 49 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC