For a New Year’s Day party, I needed a brand-new appetizer. I covered polenta with Gorgonzola and a tangy sauce. That’s how you spread holiday cheer. —Margee Berry, White Salmon, Washington
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tube (18 ounces) polenta, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried currants, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and marmalade. Bring to a boil; cook 5-7 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- Meanwhile, place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Press both sides of polenta slices in bread crumbs. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add polenta in batches; cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Arrange polenta on a serving platter; spoon cheese over top. Sprinkle with currants if desired; drizzle with vinegar mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Polenta Bites in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Gorgonzola Polenta Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review