- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1-1/3 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tart shells on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; spoon into tart shells.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gorgonzola Phyllo Cups
Sort By :
"I found the amount to be pefect for 30 cups, and Granny Smith unpeeled for sure!! My mouth is watering as I am preparing them for the 3rd time this season."
"Everyone who tastes these is addicted. Even the college boys were asking if they would be able to make them! :o)"
"So very easy and delish. Used a honey crisp apple but a granny smith (too sweet)would have been better. Also did not peel the apple. The recipe was more than 2 pkgs of phyllo cups. Could probably stretched to make 3 pkgs. THis is a keeper and a definite do again. K"
"I made these for a party and everyone loved them. Easy to make and presentation is very nice. I had a lot of cheese leftover, so next time I'm going to buy less of the cheese. I put this recipe in my own cookbook I'm writing!"
"I made these yesterday for a party and they were awful. They looked like the picture but tasted terrible and my whole kitchen smelled from the cheese. The ingredients are so simple that there's not much to mess up on, but since it got rave reviews from others, the only thing I can think of is that maybe the brand of Gorgonzola I bought (alouette) was not a good one to use."