Gorgonzola Pear Tossed Salad
Tired of tossed salads? Here's an irresistible variation featuring pears that makes an attractive and tasty first course. The cheese and pecans are nice additions. You'll appreciate how easy it is.Melinda Singer, Tarzana, California
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 medium pears, quartered and cored
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pears in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking
- dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered,
- 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 12 serving
- plates; top each with two pear pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Gorgonzola Apple Salad: Substitute tart apples for the pears.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 303 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.