"Quick, easy and delicious, this appealing side dish is a weeknight staple at our house. We never tire of it,” says Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Serve as an accompaniment to chicken or pork.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; add to the skillet. Stir in the cheese, vinegar and salt. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Pasta with Walnuts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p33
Reviews for Gorgonzola Pasta with Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review