Gorgonzola Pasta with Walnuts Recipe
"Quick, easy and delicious, this appealing side dish is a weeknight staple at our house. We never tire of it,” says Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. Serve as an accompaniment to chicken or pork.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onions in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; add to the skillet. Stir in the cheese, vinegar and salt. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Pasta with Walnuts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p33
Reviews for Gorgonzola Pasta with Walnuts(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >