Gorgonzola Figs with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 dried figs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved widthwise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each fig; fill with 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese. Wrap each with a piece of prosciutto; place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Serve warm with glaze. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 stuffed fig with 3/4 teaspoon glaze equals 90 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.