For a fancy, eye-catching appetizer, try these delightful stuffed figs wrapped with prosciutto. —Sarah Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 dried figs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved widthwise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each fig; fill with 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese. Wrap each with a piece of prosciutto; place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Serve warm with glaze. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Figs with Balsamic Glaze in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p35
Reviews for Gorgonzola Figs with Balsamic Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review