- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place broccoli and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 3 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until blended.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; add to onion mixture. Add chicken; heat through. Season with pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Gorgonzola Chicken Penne
Sort By :
"I used 4 oz. of cheese and it was more than enough for this dish. I think adding mushrooms would be a good idea. My husband loved it but I'm not quite sold on it yet. Maybe after some tweaking I'd like it more. I liked it better reheated the next day for lunch."
"made it for supper tonight, I'm sorry but will not make it again, didn't have much flavor or appearance, I used 1 cup of gorgonzola, maybe it needed more, used broccoli and mushrooms, and the rest the same, whatever was left over, I threw out, just couldn't see myself eating the leftovers. made many great recipes over the years, but definitely didn't care for this"
"Cheese over took this dish"
"What is the best kind of white wine to use in a recipe like this?"
"This was absolutely delicious. I will definitely make this again."