Gorgonzola cheese and a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce are pleasing partners to sweet apples. Serve this fruity favorite alongside any entree. —Crystal Holsinger, Surprise, Arizona
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 medium tart apples, cored
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stuff apples with mixture and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup. Drizzle over apples. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Baked Apples with Balsamic Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p113
Reviews for Gorgonzola Baked Apples with Balsamic Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review