Gorgonzola and Pear Salad Recipe
- 3 medium pears, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six serving plates; top each with a pear half. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 311 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Gorgonzola and Pear Salad
"What a ht, the pears were just chopped into large chunks, never had the blue cheese but it was very good."