- 3 medium pears, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six serving plates; top each with a pear half. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Pear Salad in Country Woman September/October 2006, p43
Reviews for Gorgonzola and Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2013
What a ht, the pears were just chopped into large chunks, never had the blue cheese but it was very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >