Tired of tossed salads? Here's an irresistible variation featuring pears that makes an attractive and tasty first course. The cheese and pecans are nice additions. You'll appreciate how easy it is.
- 3 medium pears, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six serving plates; top each with a pear half. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Pear Salad in Country Woman September/October 2006, p43
Reviews for Gorgonzola and Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review