Gorgonzola & Orange Chicken Tenders
My mom likes to make this for family gatherings, and we all like to eat it. Marmalade and Gorgonzola might sound like an unusual combo, but they actually make a great pair. —Yvette Gorman, Denver, PA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and salt. Place bread crumbs in another
- shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in bread crumbs, patting to
- help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3-4
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drizzle with warm
- marmalade; top with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand, covered,
- until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.