Gorgonzola & Cranberry Cheese Ball Recipe
A cheese ball is a classic appetizer to take to any gathering, and it's so easy to make. This version, studded with tangy dried cranberries, is a holiday hit. —Kathy Hahn, Pollock Pines, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped onion, celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Stir in the cranberries, vegetables and pepper sauce. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without crackers) equals 274 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC