- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle inside of goose with salt. Prick skin well; set aside. In a
- skillet, saute celery, onion and garlic in butter; transfer to a
- large bowl. Add the next 10 ingredients. Add bread crumbs until
- stuffing has the desired consistency. Stuff the goose. Place with
- breast side up on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until thermometer
- reads 185°. Drain fat from pan as it accumulates. If desired,
- make glaze: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook and stir
- until bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Brush over the goose
- during the last 20 minutes of baking. Remove all stuffing. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.