I wanted a different recipe that could stand out among the numerous trays of desserts served at potlucks and parties. With a marshmallow glaze and rich peanut butter in every bite, these brownies are always popular. —Carla Benckert, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in marshmallows, chopped candies and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 22-28 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and center is almost set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Gooey Peanut Butter Cup Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p224
Reviews for Gooey Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review