- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, milk, peanut butter and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup cocoa and baking powder; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar and cocoa. Stir in water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cook, covered, on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake
"I love crock pot desserts. Was so disappointed with this. I don't know what went wrong, put it together, on high. 2 1/2 hrs & it wasn't done. After 3 hrs, i checked it and it seemed firm, no crumbs when poked. I went to scoop it out and it was all liquid underneath a dense cakey surface. Since it has no egg, I tossed it together & added chocolate & peanut butter chips to save it. Sorry, I won't be making this one again."
"My family and friends loved it ..... Unfortunately I don't care for peanut butter, so the 5 stars are from them and they thank you."
"carroune you'd want to bake this at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"i have a question pls. this recipe sounds amazing. but can i make it in the regular oven???"
"I haven't tried this yet but it's got to be awesome. I'm sure when I make it I will come back & give it a five star. Love the way it frees up your oven."