- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, milk, peanut butter and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup cocoa and baking powder; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar and cocoa. Stir in water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cook, covered, on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review