- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil. Starting with a long side, roll up foil to make a 1-in.-wide strip; shape into a coil. Place on bottom of a 5-qt. slow cooker to make a rack.
- Combine bran, flours, cranberries, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, molasses and honey. Stir into flour mixture just until blended (do not overbeat). Pour into a greased and floured 2-qt. baking dish. Tightly cover with lightly greased foil. Place in prepared slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until a thermometer reads 190-200°, about 3 hours.
- Remove dish to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes before inverting loaf onto the rack. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Gooey Old-Fashioned Steamed Molasses Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p33
Reviews for Gooey Old-Fashioned Steamed Molasses Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review