- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gooey Chocolate Cookies
"I, too made them with the brownie mix because I had it on hand. These turned out really well like this and I will try the cake mix next time so I can give a proper rating on the recipe as it is."
"I used a lemon cake mix and added some white chips and cranberries. I rolled in powdered sugar before baking. Oh my! They were fabulous and received raves from everyone that tried them."
"VERY GOOD WITH A LEMON CAKE MIX. yOU CAN USE ANY FLAVOR YOU WISH AND ROLL IN POWDERED SUGAR."
"I followed the recipe with a "regular" Devil's Food cake mix (15.25 oz) and they turned out great. I did add 1/2 cup of Hershey's mini chips which gave them an extra punch. Almost like eating a bite size brownie! Yummy--we love them and they are SO EASY which is a BIG plus! We'll be making these again!"
"I have made this recipe a few times now and they are so good. I will try with a brownie mix next time as suggested by previous post. I usually use milk chocolate cake mix."