These soft and chewy cookies couldn’t be easier to make. Jazz them up with a chocolate kiss in the center, or substitute a different flavor of cake mix. —Angela Bailey, San Pierre, Indiana
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Gooey Chocolate Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p45
Reviews for Gooey Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review