- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gooey Chocolate Cookies
"I, too made them with the brownie mix because I had it on hand. These turned out really well like this and I will try the cake mix next time so I can give a proper rating on the recipe as it is."
"I used a lemon cake mix and added some white chips and cranberries. I rolled in powdered sugar before baking. Oh my! They were fabulous and received raves from everyone that tried them."
"VERY GOOD WITH A LEMON cake MIX. yOU CAN USE ANY FLAVOR YOU WISH AND ROLL IN POWDERED SUGAR."
"I followed the recipe with a "regular" Devil's Food cake mix (15.25 oz) and they turned out great. I did add 1/2 cup of Hershey's mini chips which gave them an extra punch. Almost like eating a bite size brownie! Yummy--we love them and they are SO EASY which is a BIG plus! We'll be making these again!"
"I have made this recipe a few times now and they are so good. I will try with a brownie mix next time as suggested by previous post. I usually use milk chocolate cake mix."
"My 8 yr old and I mad this with carrot cake mix, 1/4 C chopped raisins, 1/4 C chopped walnuts and we used Smart Balance instead of butter. The lack of butter made a big difference. We only got 44 cookies instead of 54 and they didn't spread. The taste is AMAZING, though. I would definitely make these again. Very easy, too. Thanks."
"This is absolutely delicious, as stated. I didn't have any trouble with recipe. I have handed out the recipe to others who have asked for it. Yummy, and I highly recommend."
"These cookies were very easy to make and moist and chewy as stated but for those who love chocolate they could have used some choco chips or peanut butter chips or even perhaps toffee bits to give a little more flavor. Next time I will add something additional."