Gooey Chocolate Cookies Recipe
These soft and chewy cookies couldn’t be easier to make. Jazz them up with a chocolate kiss in the center, or substitute a different flavor of cake mix. —Angela Bailey, San Pierre, Indiana
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC