- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package German chocolate or chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and caramels with 1/3 cup milk. Stir in nuts. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and remaining milk; pat half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes. Spread chocolate/caramel mixture over crust; top with reserved cake mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes longer. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Gooey Chocolate-Caramel Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p28
Reviews for Gooey Chocolate-Caramel Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review