Gooey Chip Bars
Beatriz Boggs from Delray Beach, Florida can satisfy a sweet tooth in a jiffy with these chewy chocolaty bars. "You'll never believe how easy they are to assemble," she writes.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and milk. Stir in 1/2 cup
- chocolate chips and nuts if desired (batter will be very thick).
- Pat onto the bottom of a well-greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; cut into bars.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.