Gooey Caramel Cashew Brownies Recipe
These ooey-gooey brownies are bursting with chocolate chips, gobs of caramel and plenty of cashews.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 16 caramels
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Drizzle over brownies. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 198 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC