- with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the
- other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until
- easy to handle.
- Roll out larger portion of dough between two sheets of waxed paper
- into a 17-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the
- sides of pan; trim pastry even with top edges of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugars, flour, cinnamon, salt
- and nutmeg. Stir in cream.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add apple mixture; cook over medium
- heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are slightly tender. Stir in
- walnuts and vanilla. Spoon into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; place over filling. Trim and seal edges.
- Cut slits in top. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust
- is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 362 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.