Gooey Butterscotch Bars Recipe
The name says it all for these bars. With caramels, butterscotch chips and pudding, they're ooey, gooey and finger-lickin' good! Sugar cookie mix speeds up prep time during the busy holidays, and the easy recipe makes a big batch! —Carol Brewer, Fairborn, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:40 servings
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, pudding mix, butter and egg. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
- 3. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC