The name says it all for these bars. With caramels, butterscotch chips and pudding, they're ooey, gooey and finger-lickin' good! Sugar cookie mix speeds up prep time during the busy holidays, and the easy recipe makes a big batch! —Carol Brewer, Fairborn, Ohio
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, pudding mix, butter and egg. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Gooey Butterscotch Bars in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p35
Reviews for Gooey Butterscotch Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review