Gooey Butterscotch Bars Recipe
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, pudding mix, butter and egg. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Gooey Butterscotch Bars
Sort By :
"First dish that we found much too sweet!"
"These are really good! I used roasted peanuts instead of mixed nuts and used half butterscotch chips and half semi sweet chocolate chips. I found its easier to keep these refrigerated, they stay a little less messy that way. I will definatly make these again!"
"these are so good I shared with several people and they all loved thesevery rich but so so good"
"Wonderfully delicious ! :-)"
"Delicious and very rich-tasting. A little bar goes a long way--you could easily cut these into 1" squares because they are so rich. I might cut the butterscotch chips to 3/4 c. when I make this again. The cookie mix crust helped make this recipe simple and fast. Wrapped caramels take forever to unwrap but Kraft now makes those same caramels in bead form. The package is only 11 oz., which isn't quite enough for this recipe but it's a real time-saver to not have to unwrap all of the caramels!"