Good Ol' Burger Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger: 364 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Good Ol' Burger
"This a delicious, zesty burger recipe. I agree with the previous reviewer, that the consistency is runny. However, they hold together well when you cook them. I followed the recipe exactly the first time I made them. The second time I prepared them, I didn't have any beef broth or red wine on hand. I added 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, which was a tasty substitution."
"Pretty good. I was nervous because the meat mixture seemed so loose but they cooked up nicely. Will be making again."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.