Good Ol' Burger
For a quick weeknight dinner, try these juicy burgers. A dollop of chili sauce on top makes them extra flavorful. —Ron Treadaway, Acworth, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix
- lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, 30-60 seconds or until
- toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 364 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.