Good Ol' Burger Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 364 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.