For a quick weeknight dinner, try these juicy burgers. A dollop of chili sauce on top makes them extra flavorful. —Ron Treadaway, Acworth, Georgia
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Good Ol' Burger in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Good Ol' Burger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review