Good Ol' Banana Muffins
These golden old-fashioned muffins are a great treat anytime.Clyde Blount, Pearl, Mississippi
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- bananas. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just
- until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.