Good Neighbor Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic and cayenne; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place crust on a baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Drain chicken; spoon over sauce. Top with mushrooms, onions, Italian seasoning, cheeses and almonds. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 308 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.