- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Reduced-fat plain yogurt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, honey and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Good-Morning Granola in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p47
Reviews for Good-Morning Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2011
"So easy to make and very delicious. Tried it with all kinds of dried fruit and even gave some away for Christmas presents. This makes granola an affordable breakfast, and it is so healthy!"