- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Reduced-fat plain yogurt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, honey and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Good-Morning Granola
Sort By :
"So easy to make and very delicious. Tried it with all kinds of dried fruit and even gave some away for Christmas presents. This makes granola an affordable breakfast, and it is so healthy!"
"LOVE THIS! And its so easy to make. I used pomegranate-infused cranberries in the last batch and it came out tasting different, but equally as yummy!"
"I am making my 4th double batch right now. I love this stuff for breakfast. Best healthy granola recipe I have found. I love it!"
"I love the healthy ingredients in this recipe but it didn't turn out as I thouhgt it would. When I think of granola I think of crunchy yummy clusters. There were very few clusters in this and I felt like I was eating flavorful oatmeal that hadn't yet been cooked. I added flaxseed to the recipe and used raisins instead of dried cranberries and cherries. I also added mini semi sweet chocolate chips to make the granola somewhat sweeter. This will definitely be something I will add to my yogurt or cereal but didn't turn out to be the snack I'd eat by itself like I was hoping for."
"This recipe is a great way to make your own granola with whatever you like. i'm definitely glad to have my own way to make it with the fruits and nuts i like instead of the store brand that doesn't seem to have enough of the things i like. plus it tastes awesome."