- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Reduced-fat plain yogurt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, honey and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt if desired. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Good-Morning Granola
"My 7 year old saw this recipe and asked me to make it. :) It's an easy, tasty treat....great as a snack, dessert, or breakfast meal by itself or over yogurt, with milk, or made into a fruit parfait. I made as directed, only adding a bit more cinnamon and some nutmeg to the original recipe. That all said, I thought to myself when I make this again I'd add coconut, maybe some chocolate chips, different kinds of dried fruit, etc. It's a good base recipe (hence the 5 stars, because it's so easy to alter) and I'm sure to make again, but it didn't knock our socks off as written."
"LOVE THIS! And its so easy to make. I used pomegranate-infused cranberries in the last batch and it came out tasting different, but equally as yummy!"
"I love the healthy ingredients in this recipe but it didn't turn out as I thouhgt it would. When I think of granola I think of crunchy yummy clusters. There were very few clusters in this and I felt like I was eating flavorful oatmeal that hadn't yet been cooked. I added flaxseed to the recipe and used raisins instead of dried cranberries and cherries. I also added mini semi sweet chocolate chips to make the granola somewhat sweeter. This will definitely be something I will add to my yogurt or cereal but didn't turn out to be the snack I'd eat by itself like I was hoping for."
"This recipe is a great way to make your own granola with whatever you like. i'm definitely glad to have my own way to make it with the fruits and nuts i like instead of the store brand that doesn't seem to have enough of the things i like. plus it tastes awesome."
"I'm making this recipe for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. My family really enjoys this with yogurt! Very easy to make."
"This recipe is very easy to make and a great way to start a day. My family loves it and it's a keeper for sure."
"We really enjoy this granola. I don't care for dried cherries, so I use all dried cranberries. Last Christmas I wrapped some in pretty packages as gifts."
"This granola receipe is just wonderful! Merci!!"