Good Morning Frittata
Start the day bright with this light, fluffy, fast-fixing dish. Orange peppers add sunshiny sweetness and crunch. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, pepper and salt; set
- aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute orange pepper and onions
- in oil until tender. Add ham; heat through. Reduce heat; top with
- egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat
- for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 wedges equals 169 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling