Good Morning Frittata Recipe
Start the day right with this fast, fluffy egg dish. Egg substitute and skim milk cut down on calories, while orange bell peppers add sunshiny sweetness and crunch. You can use red or green peppers if you prefer. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, pepper and salt; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute orange pepper and onions in oil until tender. Add ham; heat through. Reduce heat; top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- 2. Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into four wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
2 wedges equals 169 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Good Morning Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC