Start the day bright with this light, fluffy, fast-fixing dish. Orange peppers add sunshiny sweetness and crunch. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, pepper and salt; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute orange pepper and onions in oil until tender. Add ham; heat through. Reduce heat; top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Good Morning Frittata in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p62
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Good Morning Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review