Good Mornin' Pancake Mix Recipe
I love these moist, fluffy pancakes on a wintry day. They make a perfect gift for family and friends. Just put the mix in two plastic bags tied with holiday ribbons, and don't forget to include prep directions. —Sharon Sutton, Lindsey, Ohio
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until oats are ground. Place 1-1/3 cups in each of four resealable plastic bags. In each of four separate resealable plastic bags, place 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup almonds. Store for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches.
- 2. To prepare pancakes: In a large bowl, combine the contents of one pancake mix bag and one fruit-nut bag. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
2 pancakes equals 297 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC