Good Mornin' Pancake Mix Recipe
I love these moist, fluffy pancakes on a wintry day. They make a perfect gift for family and friends. Just put the mix in two plastic bags tied with holiday ribbons, and don't forget to include prep directions. —Sharon Sutton, Lindsey, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until oats are ground. Place 1-1/3 cups in each of four resealable plastic bags. In each of four separate resealable plastic bags, place 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup almonds. Store for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches.
- 2. To prepare pancakes: In a large bowl, combine the contents of one pancake mix bag and one fruit-nut bag. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
2 pancakes equals 297 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC