Good Mornin' Pancake Mix Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until oats are ground. Place 1-1/3 cups in each of four resealable plastic bags. In each of four separate resealable plastic bags, place 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup almonds. Store for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches.
- To prepare pancakes: In a large bowl, combine the contents of one pancake mix bag and one fruit-nut bag. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
Reviews for Good Mornin' Pancake Mix
Sort By :
We have reviewed this recipe again and regret there was an error originally. 1-1/3 cups of dry mix should be placed in each of four separate plastic bags in order to use up all of the mix. The recipe has been corrected here.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
I left out the fruit and nuts and the pancakes were very good. Unfortunately the measurement is incorrect in the recipe. There are almost 6 cups of dry ingredients by themselves and it says to place one cup in each of 4 bags. I added 1 cup to each of FIVE bags and divided the extra up amongst the 5 bags. I added the wet ingredients as instructed. The pancakes were nice and fluffy in spite of the error in the measurements.
Look on the home page for Healthy Cooking Plus. The link for the tags is there. Or just use the one I've included here:
This made for very nice holiday gifts, vut where were the free sets of tags with prep directions??
Sorry for the confusion. Each batch is comprised of 1 cup flour mixture, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup almonds. That is 1-1/2 cups mix per batch, which multiplied for 4 batches is 6 cups.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >