This fun granola mix can be enjoyed by the handful or as a topping on yogurt, pudding or ice cream. "My husband and I have 10 children, and I feel good about them eating this for breakfast or anytime," sys Robin McKenzie of Union City, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 27 Protein Powerhouse Snacks
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup wheat or oat bran
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and vanilla. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Good Granola in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p19
Reviews for Good Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review