This fun granola mix can be enjoyed by the handful or as a topping on yogurt, pudding or ice cream. "My husband and I have 10 children, and I feel good about them eating this for breakfast or anytime," sys Robin McKenzie of Union City, Pennsylvania.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup wheat or oat bran
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and vanilla. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Good Granola in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p19
Reviews for Good Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2010
"I love this recipe, fix it continually because I mix it in my vanilla yogart every morning for breakfast. I mix up a little more of the honey mixure."