Gone Fishin Chowder Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked fish
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. Saute onion and thyme in reserved drippings.
- Add the water, potatoes, carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, parsley and bacon; cook for 10 minutes. Add fish; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Gone Fishin Chowder in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p42
Reviews for Gone Fishin Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2010
I really enjoyed gone fish chowder. I did chance the dice tomatoes for rotel to give a different taste
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2010
This was a lot of work for very little flavor.