Gone-All-Day Goulash Recipe
With this recipe, you can put in a full day’s work, run some errands and still get dinner on the table in no time. Make it extra-special by serving the meat sauce over spaetzle.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot cooked egg noodles or spaetzle
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika and mustard. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 478 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Gone-All-Day Goulash
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC