Gone-All-Day Goulash Recipe
With this recipe, you can put in a full day’s work, run some errands and still get dinner on the table in no time. Make it extra-special by serving the meat sauce over spaetzle.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot cooked egg noodles or spaetzle
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika and mustard. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gone-All-Day Goulash in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Gone-All-Day Goulash(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Stew Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >